CONTACT MIKE AT:

Saturday, November 5, 2011

THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS



I recently received an envelope from Jo Johnstone containing the latest Western release, A LONE STAR CHRISTMAS, that has both her and William W. Johnstone’s names on it.

Wrapped and rubber-banded around A LONE STAR CHRISTMAS was the cover for this book. Due out in April of next year, the publisher sent this to Jo so that she could see the packaging in advance. As she has forwarded it on to me, I wanted to be sure to post it on this blog as well.

THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS looks to be a mix between a political thriller/“invasion of American soil” novels that I will occasionally run across.

Anyone remember the 1980’s television mini-series, AMERIKA? Yep, that’s “America”, but spelled with a “K”. It starred Kris Kristofferson and Sam Neill, and was about the total Soviet occupation of our beloved homeland. Turned out to be a huge, legendary bomb and the butt of countless jokes on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

I don’t recall if AMERIKA was ever aired again, at on network TV or elsewhere, but I can’t help but wonder if at least part of the idea for the program was inspired by some of Bill Johnstone’s own writings.

I’m anxious to see THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS when it is released next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment