CONTACT MIKE AT:

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN (REDUX!)

One of the greatest joys that one can get in doing a blog is to sometimes hit a goldmine. In this case, a write-up I posted earlier on "The Splatting Nun" for the book/movie NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN.

Lee Wells, who wrote the book and also the screenplay for the movie, came across my write-up while doing an internet search. He left me the following e-mail:


"Hey Mike,

By pure chance, I came across your blog of February 24th on my novel, NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN, and I just wanted to thank you for putting your good comments out there. Glad you enjoyed the book. It represented probably 100 hours spent with Las Vegas cabbies. As to the movie, it was originally bought by MGM, was set to star Mel Gibson, and be directed by Stuart Rosenberg who directed COOL HAND LUKE, but it all went through the studio craziness with tempers and money arguments, and when the dust settled, HBO produced the film. Ah, the movie business! The upside was HBO is all over the world and the film made it into all these different countries.

Currently doing a final polish on a new book, a psychic suspense novel called FRACTION OF A SECOND.


Thanks again, Mike, and all the very best with your work. You have a cool way with words!



Lee"


My thanks to Mr. Wells for finding me and leaving such a kind message. Can hardly wait to find and read FRACTION OF A SECOND!

No comments:

Post a Comment