CONTACT MIKE AT:

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

THE DISASTERBATION DIARIES

So when close friend Christina Buckner – whose name readers of this blog should recognize by now – texted me last night that she was going to create a Facebook page for her “random crap”, I suggested that she use just that as a heading. Or, perhaps, “Christina’s Random Crap”.

However, that wonderful brain of hers went into overdrive and she created a page under the name “Disasterbation Diaries” – and once again I’ve been knocked for a loop. As old as I am nowadays, it’s sure nice to find things that pleasantly surprise me (other than the wonder of still waking up every morning). With Christina, just about everything she says or writes about is a revelation. I am in awe of her.

Christina has made me co-administrator of “Disasterbation Diaries”, so I’ll be putting things and bits up there, too, in the days to come. It warms the cockles of my heart to see that she thinks this much of me to allow me this privilege.

I am unsure, at present, as to whether “Disasterbation Diaries” is going to serve as her “official” Facebook Page for her wonderful blog, “Just A Thought” (
CHRISTINA BUCKNER'S WORLD ), or if perhaps she’ll create another one for it. Whichever way she decides to go, you can bet one thing: you will be thoroughly entertained by what you read. When she turns her keen eye on a topic, it is subject to her razor-sharp wit. And don’t kid yourself for a moment: she is brutally honest. Especially about herself. If it draws her ire, she shows no mercy.

Christina has the wonderful ability to laugh at herself (which can sometimes be hard for most people to do) as well as to laugh at others (which is MUCH easier, considering what the world is like now). At the end of the day, this is a very endearing quality and is one of the MANY things that people will find charming about her.

I learned long ago that if one has a self-deprecating sense of humor, it’s easier for people to like you. Christina’s entire family has this wonderful ability and when we can all get together, silliness abounds. Spending time with them makes me forget about my troubles, at least for a while. This, to me, is what life is all about.

Anyway, please scoot on over to “Disasterbation Diaries” on FB, and then to her blog as well to experience firsthand Christina’s wit and charm. She’s very interactive on her blog and will be on her FB page for DD as it builds a following. If you leave her comments or e-mail about it, she’ll respond as soon as she can. Tell her Mick sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment