CONTACT MIKE AT:

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FROGS

I have to snicker when I think of what it must have been like at American-International Pictures when the writers of this movie tried to pitch the idea that frogs were menacing. And that they could carry a “nature strikes back” story such as this.

So this is why, I would imagine, they had to truck in snakes, gators and other things with teeth in order to alleviate at least SOME of the laughter in the movie theater.

I’m sure the laughter has passed down through the years and can still be heard in homes everywhere whenever this DVD is screened for friends who enjoy “alternative” cinema. Not exactly a proud moment for either Ray Milland or Sam Elliott, I must point out.

Saw this one as a 12 year old at the St. Andrews Cinema in St. Charles, MO, in 1972. It was playing on a double bill with DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE. You know, it’s amazing the kind of crap that sticks in the crevices of one’s mind….


No comments:

Post a Comment