CONTACT MIKE AT:

Saturday, October 8, 2011

ICE CREAM MAN/JACK FROST 2


Ok, now here’s a momentous double feature for ya!

ICE CREAM MAN works well as a horror movie, thanks in large part to the wonderful but always creepy-looking Clint Howard (Ron Howard’s younger brother and former child star of the TV series “Gentle Ben”).

The story concerns Greg, a former mental patient, who now is kind of like Ed Gein (Google this name if you’ve never heard of him) crossed with the Good Humor Man.

As if that premise wasn’t enough to intrigue you, David Naughton’s head is used as an ice cream cone topper later in the film. How could you NOT love a movie like that?

JACK FROST 2 (Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman) is one I haven’t actually seen yet. I did see the original JACK FROST some years ago, and I remember it being weird and not all that funny, considering that the killer snowman was tossing off one-liners like a serial-killing Henny Youngman. However, I have to admit that I am mildly curious about this one, so I’ll get up one early weekend morning and watch it before my better half rises to greet the new day.

If this movie turns out to be worth writing further about I will certainly do so, faithful ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment