CONTACT MIKE AT:

Monday, October 10, 2011

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC LIVE: THE ALPOCALYPSE TOUR


Won’t go into too much detail here on the track listing as you can click on the DVD insert above and see everything for yourself on the larger scan.

I did a write-up previously on ALPOCALYPSE, the CD, on another of my blogs when it first came out. You can read about it here:
MIKE'S HOUSE OF WHACKS

It still amazes me that Al and his cast of musical genius idiots (Jim “Kimo” West, Steve Jay, Jon “Bermuda” Schwartz and the newest member of troupe, keyboardist Ruben V ) remain as topical, fresh and funny as they were when I was just a 23-year old kid watching “Like a Surgeon” on MTV (when MTV was still worth a damn). These guys have incredible staying power. The concert is fabulous and you get so much more on this DVD than you did if you saw the abbreviated show on Comedy Central recently.

Up until this point, I had not seen the video for PERFORM THIS WAY, so I’m wondering if Al’s face is digitally inserted onto Lady Gaga’s body in her BORN THIS WAY video.

I wound up buying this at Wal-Mart. To my disgust, Best Buy was only carrying it on their website and did not have any copies on site. Pretty frickin’ ridiculous if you ask me.

However, I encourage you to scoot on over to Al’s website and buy it from there if you can’t find the disc in your local stores. He’s at: weirdal.com.

Keep ‘em comin’ Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment