CONTACT MIKE AT:

Friday, February 24, 2012

NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN

One of the more interesting, non-series novels from Gold Eagle Books from the mid-1980’s or so.

The plot is pretty well outlined here on the cover blurb. It certainly held my attention; I remember reading this in doggone near one sitting.

A cabbie, Jerry, winds up running with a bunch of mob money. The story is in the chase as Jerry is pursued by a hitman.

Author Lee Wells wrote a screenplay from his novel and it was made into the movie of the same name starring Andrew McCarthy as Jerry and Scott Glenn as the hitman. Also had the sinister John Glover in it as the hitman’s friend who does something awful to Jerry thereby making it impossible for him to “run” anymore.

Would like to have seen more suspense fiction from Lee Wells, but don’t believe I ever did. An internet search has not really come up with anything. NIGHT OF THE RUNNING MAN, the movie, does have its own Wikipedia entry, but alas Mr. Wells does not. As such I doubt I will ever find him. Unless he finds me. If that’s the case, Lee, stop by and say “hi”.

Good luck finding this one – it’s worth the search!

No comments:

Post a Comment