CONTACT MIKE AT:

Friday, May 28, 2010

THE SENSUAL MALE


Obviously trying to cash in on the 1970’s success of “The Sensuous Woman” and “The Sensuous Man”, Pinnacle Books rushed out this knockoff shortly thereafter.
Written by someone named Paul Warren (probably a “house” name, i.e., a name created by the publishing company under which several writers could work), I’m sure that we were supposed to think that Warren was some well-known stud who knew what he was talking about.

I read this as a teenager (no, my parents did not know I had this book), and even so I can remember thinking that it was b.s. From what I recall, the “tips” given in this book were pretty much common sense advice, such as don’t overdo the cologne, shower daily, manicure, etc. At least I remember that in “The Sensuous Male” you were given tongue exercises to do. THAT I could see would be handy in the coming (so to speak) years.

I wonder how many guys felt that this was $1.25 wasted at the bookstore. Luckily, I only paid a quarter for it at a local used book emporium. It was worth it all those years ago just so that I could talk about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment