CONTACT MIKE AT:

Friday, June 11, 2010

THE BIG ENCHILADA


I was warned away from this book back in 1987 or so. I was told that it was sleazy, vile and had Sam Hunter, the private eye, banging his secretary on a desktop within the first few pages. Once I did find it, how could I resist not getting it?

L.A. Morse was a Canadian writer who won some kind of book award for his first novel, THE OLD DICK (not a Sam Hunter story). THE BIG ENCHILADA was his second book and a third one (the second Sam Hunter thriller), SLEAZE, followed. After that I don’t know what happened to Mr. Morse or even if he is still writing.

THE OLD DICK was made into a TV movie with Robert Mitchum. I did read the book some years ago, but none of it stayed with me, so I might have to check it out again one day.

The title THE BIG ENCHILADA refers to a major score of some kind. I’ll let you read it to find out about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment