CONTACT MIKE AT:

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CANNIBAL GIRLS

The film my Mom would not let me see. I think she was afraid that I’d see just what it was that she thought these girls were eating. When I saw it years later, I was disappointed to find that they weren’t showing everything the girls were chowing down on. Mom was wrong, it appears.

Hard to believe that this was an early effort from Ivan Reitman, who would go on to make his bones with such films as GHOSTBUSTERS.

Future SCTV stars Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin play a hippie couple who run across a small commune of girls helmed by a Manson-esque-type leader. The girls go on the prowl to bring home “the bacon”, as it were. The movie largely follows their exploits and Levy and Martin’s growing concerns with things that don’t seem quite right.

Ends pretty much as you’d expect an unexpected ending to end.

By the way, red wine appears to go better with their meals than white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment